Monday, June 29, 2009

So we had a talent show at the church the other night. I really enjoyed myself and got to thinking about what a great activity this is. Because no one is a pro and only a few of us are even adequate amateurs we are all required to leave our judgments at the door. We have fun encouraging everyone and we learn a little bit about everyone too. I had no idea we have so many painters in our branch!
Terri and I did our skit and it was well received. There were a lot of other fun ones too. I didn't know that one of the boys in my primary class was such a good pianist. I knew his older sister plays but I didn't know he did. He also displayed a lovely painting that shows some seriously budding talent.
I think our branch needs more activities that don't revolve around food. It meant that there was a lot more socializing which is what we really need.
My class of 4 boys was so chatty yesterday. We didn't even get half the lesson covered. Still they are starting to get what I am trying to teach them. they are learning to mark their scriptures and learning to ask themselves questions about what they are learning. I was telling one of their fathers about it and he said me, "oh, you're good!" He's so happy with the progress that his son is making and he credits Primary with a lot of it. I think he's growing up though and there are a lot of reasons for that. I love these boys so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment